Emotional Abuse and Neglect (including Graded Care Profile tool)
• Explore definitions, signs and symptoms of emotional abuse and neglect;
• Recognise the impact of emotional abuse and neglect on a child’s development;
• Consider issues related to why parents/carers emotionally abuse and neglect their children;
• Examine how decisions are made and factors that can affect decision making in relation to emotional abuse and neglect;
• Describe interventions, roles, responsibilities and resources.
• Be introduced to the Graded Care Profile Neglect Tool.